Archive for March, 2017

postheadericon Flagstaff Area ATV Club Meeting Minutes – March 12th, 2017

Twenty one (21) guest and members were present. The meeting was brought to order at 10:00 a.m. by former President Don Plante with the pledge of allegiance.

Presidents Report:  Edie Dunlap  (breezyacrescamps.com)

  • Don Plante turned over the Presidency to Edie Dunlap of Breezy Acres. Motion was made, accepted to elect Edie as President. Welcome Edie.
  • Huts & Trails has agreed to fix the trail from Route 27 to the North Branch Bridge and was agreed as a combined trail.
  • Don will stay on the trail account in order to pay bills for trail maintence until Edie has moved.
  • What are our plans this year for Club rides? Red Onion Restaurant, Tea Pond, Tim Pond and the Sugar Bowl.  We need to think about our landowner picnic, what, how and if we want to do something.
  • We will be getting 150 Lobster Raffle tickets again this year; this is one of our biggest fund raiser. Hope club members will help to sell them.
  • Motion made and carried to join FABA as member ($100.00) again, also to donate to the Pine Tree Society ($100.00) again, donate money for new hockey rink for equipment for the children in Stratton ($200.00).

Vice President Report:  Sandi Isgro  (sandi.whitewolf@gmail.com)

  • Shared the highlights on what a person need to do on writing a Tiff / Municipality Grant. We are looking for a person/member to step up and volunteer to do this GRANT in order for us not to LOSE a major trail from Stratton to Carrabassett.

Treasurer Report:  Elaine Marcoux  (erm@myfairpoint.net)

  • We filed our annual tax report on March 3, 2107.  $35.00
  • In November and December we sold the old large trailer and small trailer, $500.00. We collected $96.00 from Rev It Up and the Rangeley Chamber of Commerce for maps last year.
  • We have a club member Jeff Mercer that has donated a Laptop to the club, he also bought and downloading things that we would need for our type of work for the club. The officers agreed to send Jeff $100.00 in and thank you for our appreciation on all the work and donation he did for the club.  We also brought a copier, scanner, fax, printer for the clubs files and documents.  Total for all things including thank you card was $400.00.
  • The club voted to stay with ATV Me as members. We need them in order to keep our landowners happy with liability insurance. Cost is $30.00 per year for membership.  Also we will be sending Edie, Dale, Joe and Elaine to the ATV Banquet on April 15th this year.
  • Motion was made and carried that we bring the price of the map up to $4.00 this year, to allow for the heavier, glossy, colored, both side of our new map. You will get a new map when you renew your membership.  It will be in your packet the third week of May.  If you want another one for whatever reason (extra, lost) you will have to pay $4.00.

Membership Report:  Rosemarie Spaulding  (maxxwel99@yahoo.com)

  • We have 2 businesses, one new Red Onion Restaurant Rangeley also 15 members and one new also. We had seven renewals at the meeting bring the total to 24 to start our season off.
  • While at Red Onion, I saw an ATV rules sign in the window for ATV road access. I got a copy of it and will be adding it in the packets for new and renewals members.
  • In December a member Gary Lucas sent $100.00 for the heavy paper for our new maps, thank you Gary. Plus wanted to pay for two friends of his 2017 membership dues.  Wanted to give it to them as a Christmas stocking stuffer.   I sent created Christmas Certificates to him so he could give to his friends.  Thanks Gary.

Trail Master Joe Marcoux Report:  (erm@myfairpoint.net)

  • First project will be decking a bridge on the plum creek road.
  • Need to speck with Jimmy Brochu on fixing the Carrabassett trail.  We need to fix it or we will lose it, a Municipality grant for that trail will be needed.  Also need to speak with him on the trail from Rt 16 to Brochu Bridge which needs to be graded per AFM.
  • Need to check out the new trail for the bone yard Stratton trail, to make sure we have the correct drainage and culverts.
  • Beginning next month I will start getting Landowners permission for this year season. Does the club want to ask the Indians for the few miles again this year at $150.00?     May 27 to September 1.
  • Shane will update me when he return from Florida on our signage by May’s meeting.

 

Thank You, Elaine.

Our next meeting will be Sunday, April 9th at the Community Hall in Stratton at 10:00 a.m.