Archive for September, 2016

postheadericon Flagstaff Area ATV Club Meeting Minutes – September 10th, 2016

42 guest (landowners) and members were present. Meeting was brought to order at 12:45p.m. By President Don Plante at our Landowners Picnic Appreciating Day.

Presidents Report:  Don Plante,

  • Welcome landowners and members to our Landowners Appreciation /Club Picnic.  The club again wants to express our appreciation for allowing our trails through your land without your corporation we wouldn’t have a club or trail system that we have.  We emphasize to you landowners if at any time there is any problems or issues please get back to any of the officers and these will be addressed A.S.A.P.
  • We have a member that has stated she is interested in our Secretary position. This is Rosemarie Spaulding.  A special vote from the club members was done to install her for one month.  Then at the last meeting of our season when elections are done for all officers as stated in our by-laws we can renew her title for a year at that time.

Vice President Report:  Sandi Isgro,

  • No report at this time.

Treasurer Report:  Elaine Marcoux,

  • We paid out a total of 618.95,  Toy Ride 100.00 ,ATV ME dues 130.00, Stamps to finish off the year 70.50, Trail master (gas) for two month 168.45 and Patrick Dempsey The Hamilton’s 150.00. We made deposits that total 326.80 which in from maps, membership and trail donation boxes.
  • I have the grant almost finish and after I collect our receipts from all who made and dontions food to the picnic I can total it and send it off by Monday. Because we will get up to $500.00 for doing a landowner appreciation day for them.  As of right now we have 12,626.75.  The volunteers did great this year we had over 9 volunteer that have put in over  645 hours this year.  Awesome job volunteers and Thank you for your very hard work maintaining our trails that we all enjoy and many visitors do also.    
  • Will update you with our totals at nexts month meeting, we are doing o.k.
  • We do need to look into up grading some equipment after the grant comes in.  We have items that we need to replace because of age and always repairing them. After our grant is in we should have about $4,000.00 to upgrade some equipment.
  • The winner of the 50/ 50 Raffle was Joe Gallant $25.00.  He gave it back to the club funds.   Thank You Joe.      

Membership Report: Elaine Marcoux

  • We are doing well with memberships we have 176 as of now and last year at this time we had 158.  So thank you to all new and old members.

Trail Master Joe Marcoux Report,

  • August 18th – Carl and I moved rocks on the Tim Pond trail and the Sawyer Brook trail.
  • August 30th – Carl and I worked on the pole line and powerline moving rocks and worked on drainage with some holes on these trails.
  • On Monday, Septemeber 12th we will meet again with the officers of the Snowmobile club and the ATV officers. We are still talking and working on ideas that will work for both of clubs to benefit better trails…
  • Jimmy Brochu has put up gates on the snowmobile trail behind his gas station that connects to the powerline.   Because ATV riders are using it and are not reading the NO ATV signs per landowner.  That trail is only for snowmobiling.
  • We have an Associate trail master now name is Shane Spaulding his main work will be signage and brushing around the sign areas.  Also will help me on projects and when I am away from my camp he will check out question and problem in my absent.
  • We need trailers or one large (long) one to haul our equipment around. Was motion and approved for Joe to check out trailers and get prices for the final meeting.

Thank You, Elaine

Our next meeting will be October 9th at the Community Hall in Stratton at 10:00a.m.  This will be our final meeting of the season; elections for officers will take place at that meeting.  Please try to attend with your to place your vote.