postheadericon Flagstaff Area ATV Club Meeting Minutes – September 10th, 2016

42 guest (landowners) and members were present. Meeting was brought to order at 12:45p.m. By President Don Plante at our Landowners Picnic Appreciating Day.

Presidents Report:  Don Plante, damp@tds.net

  • Welcome landowners and members to our Landowners Appreciation /Club Picnic.  The club again wants to express our appreciation for allowing our trails through your land without your corporation we wouldn’t have a club or trail system that we have.  We emphasize to you landowners if at any time there is any problems or issues please get back to any of the officers and these will be addressed A.S.A.P.
  • We have a member that has stated she is interested in our Secretary position. This is Rosemarie Spaulding.  A special vote from the club members was done to install her for one month.  Then at the last meeting of our season when elections are done for all officers as stated in our by-laws we can renew her title for a year at that time.

Vice President Report:  Sandi Isgro, sandi.whitewolf@gmail.com

  • No report at this time.

Treasurer Report:  Elaine Marcoux, erm@myfairpoint.net

  • We paid out a total of 618.95,  Toy Ride 100.00 ,ATV ME dues 130.00, Stamps to finish off the year 70.50, Trail master (gas) for two month 168.45 and Patrick Dempsey The Hamilton’s 150.00. We made deposits that total 326.80 which in from maps, membership and trail donation boxes.
  • I have the grant almost finish and after I collect our receipts from all who made and dontions food to the picnic I can total it and send it off by Monday. Because we will get up to $500.00 for doing a landowner appreciation day for them.  As of right now we have 12,626.75.  The volunteers did great this year we had over 9 volunteer that have put in over  645 hours this year.  Awesome job volunteers and Thank you for your very hard work maintaining our trails that we all enjoy and many visitors do also.    
  • Will update you with our totals at nexts month meeting, we are doing o.k.
  • We do need to look into up grading some equipment after the grant comes in.  We have items that we need to replace because of age and always repairing them. After our grant is in we should have about $4,000.00 to upgrade some equipment.
  • The winner of the 50/ 50 Raffle was Joe Gallant $25.00.  He gave it back to the club funds.   Thank You Joe.      

Membership Report: Elaine Marcoux erm@myfairpoint.net

  • We are doing well with memberships we have 176 as of now and last year at this time we had 158.  So thank you to all new and old members.

Trail Master Joe Marcoux Report, erm@myfairpoint.net

  • August 18th – Carl and I moved rocks on the Tim Pond trail and the Sawyer Brook trail.
  • August 30th – Carl and I worked on the pole line and powerline moving rocks and worked on drainage with some holes on these trails.
  • On Monday, Septemeber 12th we will meet again with the officers of the Snowmobile club and the ATV officers. We are still talking and working on ideas that will work for both of clubs to benefit better trails…
  • Jimmy Brochu has put up gates on the snowmobile trail behind his gas station that connects to the powerline.   Because ATV riders are using it and are not reading the NO ATV signs per landowner.  That trail is only for snowmobiling.
  • We have an Associate trail master now name is Shane Spaulding his main work will be signage and brushing around the sign areas.  Also will help me on projects and when I am away from my camp he will check out question and problem in my absent.
  • We need trailers or one large (long) one to haul our equipment around. Was motion and approved for Joe to check out trailers and get prices for the final meeting.

Thank You, Elaine

Our next meeting will be October 9th at the Community Hall in Stratton at 10:00a.m.  This will be our final meeting of the season; elections for officers will take place at that meeting.  Please try to attend with your to place your vote.

postheadericon Flagstaff Area ATV Club Meeting Minutes – August 13th, 2016

39 guests and members were present. Meeting was brought to order at 1:00pm by President Don Plante at our club ride to Tim Pond Camps.

Presidents Report:  Don Plante, damp@tds.net

  • Received an email from Brian Bronson requiring MOTORCYCLES. It states: For clarification less there be any confusion let me state for the record that  AFM, Wagner, Plum Creek (Weyerhaeuser) and CMP all prohibit Motorcycles on their land whether they are registered as ATV’s or not. That is why any trails on those properties should be signed to NO Motorcycles!
  • Landowners Picnic will be Sept 10th Saturday at Site O on Eustis Ridge Rd across from Cathedral Pines Campground. Starts at 12:00 noon all are welcome.  Remember if anyone is bringing in food items we will need a receipt for our grant. If anyone has not offer to make to bring something in please call or email Elaine at 229-2055 or erm@myfairpoint.net.  If its inclement weather the picnic will be in the Community Hall were our meetings are held.  
  • We revieved a letter from Scott Ramsey stating his retirement from Director of off Rd Recreational Vehicles Office.  As of right now no replacement has been appointed and we will be dealing with Brian Bronson.
  • We received our invoice from ATV Me for our general Liability Ins. The same cost will be $600.00 as last year.
  • October is election of officers we are in need of a Secretary, Treasurer and Membership Rep.  Hopefully someone will step up and help us out.  Anyone wanting to run for any officers position please make yourself known.

Vice President Report:  Sandi Isgro, sandi.whitewolf@gmail.com

  • No report at this time.

Treasurer Report:  Elaine Marcoux, erm@myfairpoint.net

  • We have got our 1000 ATV stickers in.  $458.93 with tax.  First time this year we buy stamps $70.50, thanks to all too gave on our stamp fund.  ATV Me Ins. $600.00, we needed to order checks for $23.40.  Total paid out was $1,152.83.   Total deposited for membership, maps and donations was $561.68.
  • Our books are looking very good right now and will update better after our landowner’s picnic.
  • I have the grant estimate logged in up to date we have over $10,500 so far we should be o.k. for our grant again this year. Will be sending it in after our Landowners Picnic.

Membership Report: Elaine Marcoux, erm@myfairpoint.net

  • At Julys monthly meeting Warren Davey from Vermont a member thanked the volunteers for the hard work we do for the club.
  • We have 173 members; we had 156 last year at this time.
  • We have 32 Business renewed this year.
  • Just an update on the status on our memberships. We have 32 businesses out of 173, now we have 151 then out of town members of 109 leaving us with 42 left and 26 out of state, with only 16 in town (Stratton/Eustis).
  • We had great turn outs on our club rides this year.  Tea Pond ride was July 16th we had 53 guests and members, and 30 machines. And the Tim Pond ride Aug 13th we had over 30 guests and members with 21 machines.  This day was a very nice rainy day, we had a lot of fun, and a couple of members got very wet. One hit his kill switch and was pulled into the camps and one machine just dies a couple of minutes before Tim Pond and was pulled in and later trucked out on a trailer. Over all we had a great time with guest and members.

Trail Master Joe Marcoux, erm@myfairpoint.net

  • July 10 – Carl and I worked the Natanis trail drained a hole and made a ditch and fixed some holes.
  • July 15 – Carl and I repaired a hole on the bridge on the Plum Creek Rd off Route 27.
  • July 17 – Elaine and I moved rocks and fixed a water bar by Brouhc’s bridge.
  • Aug 12 – I and Brian Bronson checked out Rt 27 to Plum Creek Rd. trail for work to be done by the State on fixing that trail. And checking out a request from a landowner on four wheelers washing their machines in the brook on one of our trails. This is against the Law!
  • On Wednesday Aug 17 the officers of the Snowmobile club and ATV club will have a meeting on how we can work together to get our trails that we share together.  
  • Reminder as of Sept 1st the Penobscot Indian Land trail will close for the season.

Thank You  /  Elaine

Our next meeting will be on our Landowners Picnic September 1stth at Site 0 on Eustis Ridge Rd across from Cathedral Pines Campgrounds.  If it’s a rain day it will be held at the Community Hall in Stratton at noon 12:00.

postheadericon July 2016 Club Ride & Lunch

On July 16 the club ride had 30 machines and 53 members and guest. We enjoyed our club ride to Tea Pond Lodge for lunch.