39 guests and members were present. Meeting was brought to order at 1:00pm by President Don Plante at our club ride to Tim Pond Camps.
Presidents Report: Don Plante, email@example.com
- Received an email from Brian Bronson requiring MOTORCYCLES. It states: For clarification less there be any confusion let me state for the record that AFM, Wagner, Plum Creek (Weyerhaeuser) and CMP all prohibit Motorcycles on their land whether they are registered as ATV’s or not. That is why any trails on those properties should be signed to NO Motorcycles!
- Landowners Picnic will be Sept 10th Saturday at Site O on Eustis Ridge Rd across from Cathedral Pines Campground. Starts at 12:00 noon all are welcome. Remember if anyone is bringing in food items we will need a receipt for our grant. If anyone has not offer to make to bring something in please call or email Elaine at 229-2055 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If its inclement weather the picnic will be in the Community Hall were our meetings are held.
- We revieved a letter from Scott Ramsey stating his retirement from Director of off Rd Recreational Vehicles Office. As of right now no replacement has been appointed and we will be dealing with Brian Bronson.
- We received our invoice from ATV Me for our general Liability Ins. The same cost will be $600.00 as last year.
- October is election of officers we are in need of a Secretary, Treasurer and Membership Rep. Hopefully someone will step up and help us out. Anyone wanting to run for any officers position please make yourself known.
Vice President Report: Sandi Isgro, email@example.com
- No report at this time.
Treasurer Report: Elaine Marcoux, firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have got our 1000 ATV stickers in. $458.93 with tax. First time this year we buy stamps $70.50, thanks to all too gave on our stamp fund. ATV Me Ins. $600.00, we needed to order checks for $23.40. Total paid out was $1,152.83. Total deposited for membership, maps and donations was $561.68.
- Our books are looking very good right now and will update better after our landowner’s picnic.
- I have the grant estimate logged in up to date we have over $10,500 so far we should be o.k. for our grant again this year. Will be sending it in after our Landowners Picnic.
Membership Report: Elaine Marcoux, email@example.com
- At Julys monthly meeting Warren Davey from Vermont a member thanked the volunteers for the hard work we do for the club.
- We have 173 members; we had 156 last year at this time.
- We have 32 Business renewed this year.
- Just an update on the status on our memberships. We have 32 businesses out of 173, now we have 151 then out of town members of 109 leaving us with 42 left and 26 out of state, with only 16 in town (Stratton/Eustis).
- We had great turn outs on our club rides this year. Tea Pond ride was July 16th we had 53 guests and members, and 30 machines. And the Tim Pond ride Aug 13th we had over 30 guests and members with 21 machines. This day was a very nice rainy day, we had a lot of fun, and a couple of members got very wet. One hit his kill switch and was pulled into the camps and one machine just dies a couple of minutes before Tim Pond and was pulled in and later trucked out on a trailer. Over all we had a great time with guest and members.
Trail Master Joe Marcoux, firstname.lastname@example.org
- July 10 – Carl and I worked the Natanis trail drained a hole and made a ditch and fixed some holes.
- July 15 – Carl and I repaired a hole on the bridge on the Plum Creek Rd off Route 27.
- July 17 – Elaine and I moved rocks and fixed a water bar by Brouhc’s bridge.
- Aug 12 – I and Brian Bronson checked out Rt 27 to Plum Creek Rd. trail for work to be done by the State on fixing that trail. And checking out a request from a landowner on four wheelers washing their machines in the brook on one of our trails. This is against the Law!
- On Wednesday Aug 17 the officers of the Snowmobile club and ATV club will have a meeting on how we can work together to get our trails that we share together.
- Reminder as of Sept 1st the Penobscot Indian Land trail will close for the season.
Thank You / Elaine
Our next meeting will be on our Landowners Picnic September 1stth at Site 0 on Eustis Ridge Rd across from Cathedral Pines Campgrounds. If it’s a rain day it will be held at the Community Hall in Stratton at noon 12:00.
On July 16 the club ride had 30 machines and 53 members and guest. We enjoyed our club ride to Tea Pond Lodge for lunch.
28 guest and members were present. Meeting was brought to order at 10:00 a.m. By the President Don Plante with the pledge of allegiance.
Presidents Report: Don Plante email@example.com
- Welcome Mike Lee ATV Maine, V. P Rep.
- Family Fun Day was a success, Thank You for all the help! You did a great job.
- Lobster Raffle was won by Patrick Stark from Eustis.
- Tea Pond Ride Rain or Shine next Saturday the 16th. The cost is $13.00 per person and Elaine will be collecting the money before we leave on our ride. This will help us when we get to Tea Pond and we can all go to eat and visit with one another. We all meet at Pines Parking lot which is intersection 1 on your maps at 8:45 to 9:00. The ride starts at 9:05.
- Tim Pond ride is Aug 13 Saturday, call Don Plante or email him if you want to go. Deadline for calls will be Aug 6th. We will be having a short meeting that month at Tim Pond. We will meet at Pines Parking Intersection 1 at 8:45 to 9:00.
- Don is looking into ways to catch the dirt bikers who are trashing the trails. The landowners have the last say over who rides on their land and on what type of vehicle.
Vice President Report: Sandi Isgro firstname.lastname@example.org
- Still trying to get permission from the landowner to connect the two ends between Rangeley and Phillips for the Moose Loop.
Treasurer Report: Elaine Marcoux email@example.com
- We did well again this year Thanks to our members Jeff and Linda Bureau, Nancy Charest and Marylnn Dodge for there hours of work with fried dough, french fries and strawberry shortcake. Fried station made $293.00, Cakes station made $262.00, Membership was $160.00, Clothes $45.00, Maps 15.00 and 50/50 Raffle was $42.00. Many Thanks to all who sold the lobster raffles tickets $750.00 bring our total to $1,567.00. With the $508.00 on Memorial Day weekend bring our fund raisers to $2,075.00. Great job MEMBERS.
- Total paid out this month is $1,119.56. ATV Dues $650.00 Gas for Trail master $ 469.56 for two months.
- Total deposit was $1675.60 membership, family fun day, and trail donation boxes. Most of the $750.00 lobster raffle was deposited last month.
- Club will need Stickers for the ATV’s next year and a motion was made to buy 1000 for $435.00 and carried.
Membership Report: Elaine Marcoux firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have 165 members; we had 149 last year at this time. When we ended our season last year we had 162 members.
- We have 31 Business renewed and still waiting for 3 more.
- We have 5 new Businesses and 20 new members so far this year.
- Landowners Picnic Sept 10th I have the list of food if anyone has not offer to make anything and would like to please come see me after the meeting or email me with what we need. Thanks
- Our 50/50 winner was Ruthann Smith $13.00 she donating it back to the club thank you Ruthann.
- We are still in need of a Secretary. If anyone would like to volunteer with great people and a lot of fun please call Don Plante 246-5946 or email him.
I would like to take a minute of your time to sadly say that at Octobers meeting I will be resigning from Treasurer / Membership / and somewhat Secretary. I don’t want to, as I have to for personal health conditions. It has been a real pleasure, the members I have meant and spoke with were all great and made me feel like family Thanks a bunch. And whoever takes over, will enjoy the nice and fun members we have in this club.
Also when the new person starts if I am here at the camp I will be more than happy to help show them what and how I did things in the past years, which is very easy. I also have all the info on a flash drive for them. So please think about these positions and call Don Plante and or come to the October meeting as this is our election month.
Trail Master Joe Marcoux Report email@example.com
- June 23 – Carl, Bill from AFM and I did a ride around the boneyard to check out a new trail that would bypass the boneyard boardwalk and rocky areas.
- June 27 – Carl and I worked the powerline moving rocks.
- June 28 – Carl and I made a couple of wash out guides on the Brochu’s bridge.
- June 29 – Carl and I cleared rocks in the Stratton trail and signs.
- June 30 – Carl and I did brushing on the lake loop.
- July 1 – Sam from Wagner and I checked out logging areas for future cutting going on around our trails. Intersections 14, 27, 28.
- July 7 – Carl and I repaired boardwalk off Rt 27 from a fall though side by side.
- July 8 – Brian Bronson, Tom Lapointe and I did GPS on three different areas one for a possible new short cut to Tea Pond, Butler Brook bridge area and Plum Creek Rt 27 Road.
Our next meeting will be on our Club ride Saturday August 13 at Tim Pond.